Dreams

Dreams
It feels like coming home

Monday, December 22, 2014

The Beginning

It has been a long time coming for this post. My first blog post under my own name on my own personal blog. No pen-name. No alias. No organization or course to hide behind. My excuses of not having time, not knowing what to name it, not having a venue in which I am savvy enough to blog are now all irrelevant. I'm going to write. 

I’m unsure of the real track of this entire blog and I am still a bit convinced that it will be as scattered and directionless as my own train of thoughts. One post might focus on my political thoughts for that moment while the following post addresses my skill and passion for baking pies. After all, these are the stepping stones within my mind. 

Maybe, on that accord, I should have named the blog A Taste of Tori, but I think the Virginia Wolfe quote resonates with me much more. I’m barely 20 years old and I have a world of wonder ahead of me. My only hope for this blog is that it follows me through my days at Washington College as I stumble through my studies of political science and economics and it continues to inspire me to write as I travel and learn from the world.

I’m too young to know how to plan more than 3 months ahead of time, so with that in mind, here’s to the beginning of a blog that should have fewer expectations than it currently has posts.


For the freedom of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment