A while ago someone told what he thought was the key to a happy, successful, and prosperous life. Since this revelation, I have seen the general idea of his "life hack" on Pinterest, Instagram, ect. The basic idea is this: Find 3 passions that you love, one to make you money, one to keep you fit, and one that allows you to be creative.
I'm sure it is naive of me to think I should or could have these three hobbies discovered at the young age of 19 but part of me thinks this is the most important time to know. I'm at a crossroad. Actually, I'm at a 100 way intersection that is more similar to a complex round-about with an infinite number of exits than a simple fork in the road. I have a world of opportunities but they are all behind different doors and at some point, I have to commit to opening and walking through a doorway.
My father has had several different careers in his life. They say that, on average, a person will have 4 different careers in his or her life. I've often wondered if this has been because throughout your life your interests change and paths turn or if a person has to find the perfect career through a process of guess and check.
I never go somewhere new without looking up a map and studying a route. If I have a known destination, I carefully plan out the roads and turns and paths I will take to get there. However, I'm here, 19 years old, and I don't know what my destination will be. All I know is that according to Pinterest, Instagram, and probably a couple fortune cookies out there, I need to find a way to make money, be fit, and be creative by watching Law and Order.
No comments:
Post a Comment