Mondays are hard. And we are at that point in the semester when Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and even Sundays are hard.
But yesterday, I found myself slightly less defeated than I do on most Mondays. Trust me, this wasn't from having a relaxing productive weekend. Nor was it from having a relaxing productive Monday. I think I just had a couple moments of inspiration, awe, and excitement that kept me running. Sometimes, that's even better than coffee. (Sometimes)First, I started my Monday with my news. Usually, that's pretty depressing. We are arguing with Iran. Boko Haram is acting like a jerk again. Basketball is monopolizing my television. But! I have started reading a news aggregate that makes everything fun! Every morning (except Saturdays and Sundays), I get a "Skimmed" email with all the big stories in the best, most sarcastic and snarky way possible. I'm seriously obsessed. Sign up! It's free! Tell all your friends! And your mom! (I think we all know that our moms need more sarcasm in their lives). http://www.theskimm.com/Enjoy!
My Monday continued with some good 'ole bigotry and discrimination. I've never been to Indiana but I think it's the ugliest state in the US (You know, other than the other dozen states with similar laws). As heartbreaking and infuriating as it is that Indiana has prioritized "religious freedom" over discrimination and violations of basic human rights, it's moving and exhilarating to watch states, companies, and communities come together to show their disapproval and to do everything they can to ensure that the state of Indiana does not profit from discriminatory laws. Now, let's keep an eye on Arkansas and North Carolina!
http://time.com/3763622/connecticut-state-travel-indiana-religious-freedom-law/http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/yelp-ceo-response-indiana-religious-freedom-law-116454.html
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/san-francisco-travel-ban-indiana-religious-freedom-bill-116469.html
But yesterday, I found myself slightly less defeated than I do on most Mondays. Trust me, this wasn't from having a relaxing productive weekend. Nor was it from having a relaxing productive Monday. I think I just had a couple moments of inspiration, awe, and excitement that kept me running. Sometimes, that's even better than coffee. (Sometimes)First, I started my Monday with my news. Usually, that's pretty depressing. We are arguing with Iran. Boko Haram is acting like a jerk again. Basketball is monopolizing my television. But! I have started reading a news aggregate that makes everything fun! Every morning (except Saturdays and Sundays), I get a "Skimmed" email with all the big stories in the best, most sarcastic and snarky way possible. I'm seriously obsessed. Sign up! It's free! Tell all your friends! And your mom! (I think we all know that our moms need more sarcasm in their lives). http://www.theskimm.com/Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment